Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerk Ribs

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Or is it the Jerk's Ribs?

Hope everyone has a safe and pleasant 4th.

Fidel left his garage open the other night and I helped myself to a couple bags of Ono ;)
Actually, took a trip to my dealer and they just started carrying it...along with Primos? He hooked me up with 2 free BGE bumper stickers.

The larger piece in this pic is 12" long and 4" in diameter. The jerk seasoning is a first also, it's made by Walkerswood. Added EVOO, garlic, onion, and slathered it on 2 slabs of spares the night before, awesome stuff. Spread on a thin dusting of Raichlen's Island Spice rub after the paste.

001.jpg

Decided to try something a little different and do Caribbean/Pacific ribs. Whipped up a quick glaze of
Guava Jelly, 1/2 of a Red Stripe, 1/2 of a small can of pineapple juice, 1/2 med onion, 2 large cloves of garlic, brown sugar, Sriracha, Marjoram, Cardamom, White Peppper, and a heaping spoonful of the Walkerswood paste. No smoke wood for this one, and temp is currently 240, AR and Spider is setup. Using the rest of the Red Stripe and pineapple juice as a spray about every hour or so. More pics to come later. All this accomplished and the boy is still sound asleep. Thanks

002-9.jpg
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Looks darn good so far!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    That sounds delicious!! Can't wait for the finished pics!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE