Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza --platesetter inverted?

cbs
cbs Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For pizza, do you invert the platesetter or use it feet down?

Comments

• cbs,
    I use is feet down, otherwise I'm not sure how you would get the pizza on or off the ceramic.

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    pizza3.jpg
    <p />cbs,[p]If I am doing one I use it feet down with a pizza stone on top. When doing multiple, pizzas, strombolis or quesadillas I invert it, put a cooking grid on the legs and a pizza stone on the grid. The air gap helps keep the stone from getting too hot and then the bottom of your pizza getting done or burning before the top is done.[p]Chuck

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    chuck,[p]I always use mine feet down whether I am doing 1 pizza or 5. I used to have a problem with the crust burning after a couple until I followed this suggestion someone posted here. After you take 1 pizza off wipe the stone with a damp rag before adding the next one. It cools the stone just enough for consistient pizzas back to back to back.[p]Steve-B
  • PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    cbs,[p]Legs down, stone on top, and I use a screen for ease of loading and unloading the pizza. I also feel the screen helps crisp the crust and to avoid charring the crust. [p]Pizza2.jpg[p]Egg roasted pizza can't be beat.[p]Paul