Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tip of the day: Opening Lump

Options
boston_stoker
boston_stoker Posts: 794
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went to a friend's the other day for a barbeque and he ripped open a new bacg of charcoal. He didn't know he could just pull the string out and keep the bag in tact. In case this helps anyone, I thought I would post this.

If you look at the string on your charcoal bag, there appear to be tear drop like loops of string. In this picture, the tip of the tear drop on the left goes into the base (wider part) of the tear drop on the right. The tear drop tips point to the right.

If you snip the string on the corner of the bag that the tear drop tips point away from (for this bag I snipped the string on the left corner), and then pull the string out starting on the back side of the same corner of the bag where you made your cut. The string will come out in one piece, and your bag stay whole too making it easier to roll the top of the bag down for storage. Note in the picture, I am pulling the string from behind the bag (i.e. not the side that has all the tear drop loops).

IMG_6344.jpg

Comments