Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Incredible Buttered Rum Brisket

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've done many a brisket on the egg, but this is without a doubt the best I've ever tasted. Ken's Witchy Red rub plays a integral role in this masterpiece. The local market only had one small flat (3lb), so that's what I had to work with. [p]First, rub the brisket down with a medium dose of Witchy Red, wrap it, and let it set overnight. Remove the brisket from the fridge and let it sit on the counter while you get the egg going. Rig for indirect smoking.[p]Add a couple more shakes of Witchy Red before you put it on the grill fat side up. My cap was a little thin, so I put thick-sliced bacon over the cap just before I put it in the egg.[p]After 3 hours I began basting it every hour with the buttered rum baste below, flipping it over each time. [p]Buttered Rum Baste[p]1 c Cyder Vinegar
1/2 c Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 c Dale's Sauce
2 tbsp Witchy Red[p]Put it all in a pot and keep it hot until you're done. When the brisket was cooked and tender, I wrapped it in foil with a couple tablespoons of the left over baste to rest for about an hour. Everybody raved about it, and we darn near ate up a 3 lb brisket in one sitting.[p]Give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy it![p]BBQBluesStringer

Comments