Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket AND Butt...

Dan in StLDan in StL Posts: 252
edited 10:02AM in EggHead Forum
I'm getting geared up for a Fourth of July extravaganza and I'm thinking of doing both a brisket and a butt on the same cook. I've never attempted that before, but since cooking temps are the same I'm thinking/hoping it will work.

I just wanted to check to see who's done it and who recommends it. One question in particular is the wood for smoke. I usually use hickory for the pork and pecan for the brisket. I think the hickory might be too strong for the brisket so I'm thinking of going with just pecan... or possibly apple or cherry. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a great/safe 4th.

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    Hickory will be fine, it is beef. I like apple and you could certainly use it. Use the same temp and figure 1.5hr/lb for the brisket, so it will need to go on after the butt (if similar weights)

It will be easy.