Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum behavior

Options
BigGreenDon
BigGreenDon Posts: 167
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When I post something, and am given to option to "return to post" or "return to forum", it seems like the board always returns me to the post, even when I select "return to forum".

Does this happen to everybody else?

It's not a big deal, but just a little annoyance...

Don

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    What happens if you do nothing? The only time I return to post is after an edit.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Actually, you should do nothing otherwise you will double post. Always wait at least 15 seconds and you will be returned automatically (unless you edit, then you can select).
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Yep - Same here. I post, then wait a couple seconds and it goes back to the forum. And as you say, the only time I need to select "return to forum" is after an edit.
  • SLOandSteady
    SLOandSteady Posts: 210
    Options
    What you are describing has happened to me as well.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    That's weird. I make a post, wait a bit and then I'm looking at my post (as you'd see it) :huh: Then I have to either hit 'Return to index' which puts you back in the middle of the list at which I started into the thread. OR..click 'Egghead Forum' and get sent to the top of the page.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I have a Bookmarks Bar at the top op my Safari window (Mac) and one of the bookmarks is the forum. After I post, I just click that and it takes me back to the main forum. No waiting. Well, not much anyway - this IS the egg forum after all. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Just double checked, and Ripnem, you are 100% correct!!! It bumps back to the post, then you hit "return to index", which goes to the forum. Thanks for catching the error.
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Options
    I just wish they would put in a "NEXT" and "PREV" button while reading. EXPAND ALL would be nice too.

Forum managers (WPB?) is that possible?

Kevin