Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finishing a double batch of chili dog sauce

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About once a year I whip up a double batch of what has to be the best chili dog sauce in the world! It's from the BGE recipe board and is credited to Chuck Lane...click on the item below. That stuff is wonderful on old fashioned casing franks. I've found that I can package it in 1/4 cup pucks, freeze them in Saran Wrap and that's just the correct amount for 3 nice dogs. A double recipe yields about 16 pucks. I also use this sauce occassionally in making ABTs as it adds a nice twist instead of pulled pork.
[ul][li]Chuck Lane's hot dog sauce[/ul]
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP,
    Glad you're enjoying the chili. I just finished making a batch myself![p]Regards,
    Chuck Lane

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Chuck:[p]The Princess occasionally takes some dogs and your chili recipe to work. With out fail, once the dogs are dressed and ready for consumption, someone in the break room always says, "You know, those look exactly like Varsity chili dogs!"[p]Continuing to enjoy that recipe!
  • djm5x9,
    Excellent! So it's fit for a Princess. One thing I do now that isn't spelled out in the recipe is run the ground chuck through a food processor for a few spins. The finer grind more closely resembles the texture of Varsity chili. (Which I still love too!)[p]Regards,
    Chuck Lane