Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Julie, treat Steve to this one. Flank Steak tonight

Char-Woody
Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
site1193.jpg
<p />A great switch in steaks..highly recommended.
Flank Steak medium rare to Rare..a 7 minute cook.
C~W

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Does he deserve all that, Char-Woody? Of course he does, but how did you marinate it and then cook it, please?
    Tomorrow we are headed "Up North" where we buy our meat from the butcher who displays the photos of the blue ribbon winning 4-H livestock with the proud kid & butcher behind the counter of the market.
    Veal brisket... yum!

• Char-Woody
    site1200.jpg
    <p />J Appledog, Dales marinate, about 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup water mixed. Durkees Grill Creations for the hard seasoings. Worked together nicely.
    Rolled and vaccum sealed overnight, 24 hrs. Grilled about 30 to 40 seconds on a cast iron grate, flipped over same way on the grill 4 times..reversing the grill grate pattern for a nice cross check. Makes em purty.
    Then dwell..closed dome. about 3 minutes..these are a thin 3/4 inch steak so fast cooks are necessary. High heat. I pump my charcoal with a hair dryer to boost the heat intensity.
    You need the fast sear to hold the juices in thinner steaks. Thick ones too.. but you knew that.. And I knew you knew that..Yer a super cook.
    Cheers..
    C~W[p]

• J Appledog, Flank steak is one of my favorites. Try this, take some olive oil, worchester sauce, soy sauce, fresh diced garlic, little onion salt, dash of liquid smoke, mix all together, should make around 1/2 cup. put steak in bag, pour in and marinate overnite. Next day, get one of those disposable aluminum foil pans that is about the size you would make brownies in. Slice up 1 nice yellow squash, 1 nice zuchinni, 1 lge. sweet onion, 2 handfuls of fresh mushrooms, 1 red and 1 green bell pepper. Cut all this up and put in your pan. add some worchester sauce and 1 stick of butter. Put on egg at about 350 degrees and cook until the veggies are done to your liking, stirring about every 15 minutes, making sure there is liquid in the pan. These should not take more than an hour. Cook up some rice, trying to time everything to be done at close to the same time. When the veggies are done, goose your egg so that it gets up to 500 or so, put your flank steak on for 4 min., flip for another 4 min, then shut down for a few minutes and let it dwell. Pull it off when it is 140 internal and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve veggies over your rice, cut the flank steak thinly, cross grained, dip some of the juices from the veggies over the veggies and rice, tear off a nice chunk of bread for sopping and dig in. It don't get no better.

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    flanksteak.jpg
    <p />Char-Woody,[p]Flank steak is a favorite of mine, IMO much better than london broil. If you haven't tried MadMax's rolled flank steak yet you're missing out on some good eats.
    [ul][li]Mad Max's Flank Steak[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    Chuck, thanks for that one...strange, similar thoughts came to mind as I rolled this one up for the canister. I seldom vaccum marinate a steak, but this one fit the cannister nice. The results..Maybe yea, maybe nay. Darryl (5x9)sent me a thread on another forum that I tend to agree with. Great pics....thanks again for MM's method.
    C~W[p]