Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

How long for Tuna steak?

Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,228
edited 12:24AM in EggHead Forum
How long should I cook a tuna steak? Ribs are on right now and about done. My wife likes it med rare to rare. How should I cook it? Thanks, Mark

Comments

• Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,228
    I'll do it the way I think...Thanks for the non response
  • antmaraantmara Posts: 31
    Grill very, very hot, 550, 600. 1 minute per side for rare, direct.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Please post pics of your final plate. Sorry I missed answering you.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Sorry we are not fast enough to suit you, most of us are cooking :angry:
    Grill it like you would a steak, hot and fast!

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • bitslammerbitslammer Posts: 818
    Mark0525 wrote:
    I'll do it the way I think...Thanks for the non response

It's a forum, not chat or IM!

Just because people are logged in doesn't mean they are sitting at the computer. Chill out a little. Grab a gin & tonic and go sit in the corner for a while.
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Welcome.
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Mark...Next time you might try the search feature.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=55&func=search&searchword=tuna

Instant gratification. ;)
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    He'd rather brood and act all put off that everyone isn't at his immediate beck and call. That is, after all, our purpose in life.
    I vented, then deleted.... :laugh: . This is what I ended up with! It certainly is frustrating at times, especially when taking the time for a thoughtful and knowledgable reply without so much as a "Thanks!". I am not referring so much to this case, but SOOO many others in the past. Sometimes I wonder if people just post, and leave....or are they really that self absorbed that our time means nothing. There are a few exceptions...and even a few thank you's sent via email which are appreciated. But for the most part, it's turning into a sad state of affairs.
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,956
    Please tell me...You're not serious..!

What a f'n CryBaby!!!

Sounds like you're due for a timeout...!!!

LMAO!!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    LC,
    :( I didn't thank you for your input on this past 'canceled' comp.

I did all you said and was locked and loaded. then the bubble was burst.

I truly thank you for your insight ;) It's some of the best around.

I thank you for sure. :) Late though
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part. Damn 20 minutes and with a search you could of found it in 3. My bad maybe I should just email you my number for the next time your too lazy to search.
    Adam...LOL...NOO worries!!! :laugh: You are a great contributor to this forum! You give, and receive....which is a healthy, proper and respectful forum relationship. ;) Just getting a bit tired....a lot of take, take, take these days. ;) I am all for helping, but..... :blink:
    Pat,

Will you do that for me? :huh:

Forget it, I might have to get off my A$$ to get the phone. :laugh:
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Pat, your post reminds me of a long forgotten military rule - the 7 P's

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    AMEN.......well said..
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,958
    Mark,

Sear hot, less than 30 seconds a side. We have talked about your attitude

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

I notice after 3 1/2 hrs and 16 replys there is no word or apology from Mark, I do believe I am done :angry:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
    Frank,

Engage brain before typing :laugh: Remember the weekend he took up two pages of forum on his pulled pork. Don't remember a hats off to ya then either.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Hey Boss,

I did some Bomba marinated Prawns last night. THEY ROCKED ;) Thanks

I left the shell on while cooking and peeled as I chow'ed.
    Adam,

Cool! Did you respond to Pat's e-mail

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

2 seconds ago B)
    Sorry Steve, you lost me, I'm just not into tantrums :silly:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, Fl
    Capt Frank.....Don't let one (likely heavily beered) poorly thought about reply spoil the whole bunch. ;) Don't take it personally, we just need to start teaching some manners...Like "Thank You!" Trust me, I totally understand....but we have work to do!! :) :S
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    AMEN! :(
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Yes Sir,No Sir'Yes Ma'am'No Ma'am,please and thank you.Will carry you farther in life than a Phd from Harvard!!! ;)
  • Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
    I definitely remember that and have been real pleased to see he hasn't been posting.. That is until this little hissy fit. Crazy stuff, I tell ya.
    Thanks LC, I just have a very low tolerance for spoiled brats and tantrums, but you are right, can't let one bad one get to us.
    I totally agree with Hoss's statement about manners, and again, you are right, we have work to do. :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL