Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE!!

Options
shortfire
shortfire Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to buy my first BGE tuesday I decided on the large and gonna back it up with a small ( if the wifey clears it ). Wondering what all eggcessories to tack on to the boy/s? I'm gonna build a table with it/them so no nest needed. I'm planning on direct and indirect cooking so anything that that entails. Also anybody had any luck negotiating prices on these things. I know the egg itself is pretty firm, but anyone gotten a grate,stone, thrown in for a discount? Thanks guys/girls.

Comments

• Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Options
    Various dealers throw in different incentives. My most utilized eggcessory is the plate setter. It makes indirect cooking easy. Some people use various other means of achieving this, but it is easy and effective. I also use my maverick et-73(bought on ebay) on all of my low and slow cooks so that I can monitor grate and food temps from the comfort of my house. To start off with, these are the items I would purchase and play around with. Everything else you can purchase as time goes along and you decide what you would like to have. Additionally, I know many people will tell you to get a thermapen, I don't have one yet but would like to get one in the near future. I know they are quality instruments so if its in the cards you could get one of those as well.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Congrats, your life is about to change :)
    You will need a platesetter for indirect cooks, beyond that, there is a world of accessories available both from BGE and aftermarket sources like the ceramic grill store. A good instant read thermometer and as well as a remote one are very useful.
    Dealers are dealers, I'm sure some are more willing to sweeten the pot than others, but if you are buying two eggs I would say you have a little leverage.
    Good luck and welcome :laugh: :cheer:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • KMO_Q
    KMO_Q Posts: 150
    Options
    Congrats on taking the plunge...I agree with Roll Tide...Plate Setter, maverick et-73 and thermopen...I have all three and find them invaluable...have fun with your negotiations and I look forward to your first post about your first cook.. ;)
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Congrats on joining the family...... B)
    My dealer didn't add any accessories to sweeten the deal, but my egg was just a few bucks over cost so I din't complain.

A must is a plate setter, ash tool, some igniter (although I used alcohol last time to ignite and it worked great and fast), grill brush (lowes sells the green egg kind fer 2 bucks, I paid almost 9 at my dealer), and a good thermometer fer starters then add on as soon as you get use to it a bit!!! I went from cooking on a grill a few times a month to cooking on my egg 3-4 times a week!!!! ;)
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!