Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Byron's Butt Rub

GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I enjoy the mild side when it comes to seasonings and don't really care for atomic pepper and afterburns in our food.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a jar of Byron's Butt Rub after hearing many folks brag about it. After getting it home, I dipped my pinky in it to see what my taste buds thought of the stuff.... YEOW, it was about like straight black and cyanne pepper and burned for hours. I decided it was not my cup of tea and passed it on to my son (he eats about anything) reserving a little for my self for further study.

Tonight I sprinkled some on an extra burger while grilling dinner. I sat down and gave it a try and found it to actually be quite mild with an ever so faint taste of any pepper or burn. Does this stuff change that radically while cooking or was it just me on either end of the spectrum of test tasting it? I may have to actually try it on a butt, but still would like to hear what others have to say about it first.

Is this meant to be spicy hot in the end or does it just start that way and chill out during the cook?

Comments