Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is it possible to do low 'n slow boneless pork loin?

Options
Prof Dan
Prof Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did my first boneless pork loin last night -- garlic/rosemary marinade, 325 for two hours till internal temp hit 155, let it rest 10 min, and slice. This was not a tenderloin -- it was a 3 pound pork loin roast that the butcher had butterflied and then rolled. [I unrolled it to rub the spices in and then re-tied it.][p]It was very good -- and my 19 year old son invented a great sauce [bbq sauce plus dry sherry plus carmelized onion]. But I was wondering whether anyone has tried pork loin low and slow? I'm hoping to get even more smoke into the meat, without drying it out.[p]Thanks in advance for your advice!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Prof Dan,[p]It is too lean for slow cooking. The rule of thumb is:[p]Lean = hot and fast cooking[p]fatty = Low and slow cooking[p]Tim
  • Prof Dan, No can do, you must cook fast. If you want more smoke flavor, add a little liquid smoke to marinade or, I just keep adding hickory chips throughout the cook. 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. is the most I have ever cooked a roast or loin.