Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

spare ribs

MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
edited 2:19PM in EggHead Forum
ribs seem to be my major downfall. Wayfields had spare rib family packs on sale for 1.77 a llb. I bought a 14 # pack of them and I am gonna try and cook them this weekend.

my idea is this: soak the ribs overnight in an apple juice/apple cider vinegar/spices mix. gonna smoke them indirect with a little pecan with a temp of 220 on the temp guage....I might go as little as 185, because I know that the dome temp will be higher.

probably sauce them about 10-15 minutes prior to pulling them.

any improvements and/or ideas are both welcomed and appreciated :side:

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Jan, if you want to e-mail. You can call I will make sure they turn out very good. Can you trim them to St. Louis Style. I can open up the rib hotline.

Mike
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    220 dome to start is fine but I wouldn't go lower then crank it up a bit at the end. Most eggs don't want to hold a fire on their own that low but 1 of my larges settles in at 200 fine.
  • CruzrCruzr Posts: 91
    CWM's offer sounds like the plan. I know what I'd do... B)
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Don't soak, cook at 250 dome, listen to CWM :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL