Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gourmet Burgers

Goody
Goody Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few weekends ago I decided to make some gourmet burgers for which I got a recipe from watching Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Modified the recipe a little bit to utilize some more DP verses some of the seasoning she mentioned. Basically the mixture include ground beef, 2 eggs, steak sauce, DP Raising the Steaks, a little DP Pineapple Head for a tinge of sweet and some seasoned bread crumps. Thought the burgers had good flavor. I over juiced them a little on the cooking. Also it seemed the softness of the patties with all the liquid did not work that well and seemed to spread more through the cracks in the cats iron grate. This resulted in some sticking and chunks being left in the cracks when I flipped. A hotter sear may have helped. Guess I will have to remember for next time. Here are a couple photos.

The Raws

DSC_0002_3.jpg

The Assembled

DSC_0003_2.jpg

The Completed

DSC_0004_2.jpg

While they don't always work as you drew them up, every cook on the Egg is a new adventure, learn more each time and love it that much more.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Goody,

Looking good from here! The only binder I use for burgers is dehydrated onion flakes. You have magnificent taste in unique granite btw.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    They look GORGEOUS! I bet they were tasty, too!

If you try them again and make them even better, I'll be looking forward to hearing about it!

Theo
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    They look good, but adding eggs to ground beef? Seems like they are more meatloaf patties than burgers. How did they taste?
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Mud Pig wrote:
    They look good, but adding eggs to ground beef? Seems like they are more meatloaf patties than burgers. How did they taste?

My burgers have 1 egg! Salt and pepper, woshershire (sp?)sauce, a bit of ketchup, cheddar cheese and parmesan (in the meat). Sometimes add some other spices in there. Oh and chopped onion too. They are great.

Those pics make me want to eat some tonight! Nice work