Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Ribeyes

Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
edited 12:08AM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday, I went to the only grocery store in my area that carries any prime grade meat because I was wanting a really , really good steak. They had a very limited selection in this grade but I picked out a couple and here is the cook.
DSC_1203.jpg

Added CharCrust HIckory

DSC_1211.jpg

Searing
DSC_1216.jpg

Plated

DSC_1220.jpg

Cut, I know it is prepared "more done" than many like, but hey, I like it this way so thats how I cook it... When you come over for dinner, I will prepare yours like you like it...

DSC_1225.jpg

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Those are real purty! -RP
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 10,980
    Looks real good to me! Nice cook!

I'll be right over. :)

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    A Char Crust fan I have not used that for years. Very nice looking steaks.

Mike
  • grillman16grillman16 Posts: 33
    What temperature did you cook those at?
  • grillman16grillman16 Posts: 33
    nm
  • Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
    They were seared at around 625 dome, and then roasted at around 450 dome.
    Thanks, We rather enjoyed them.
    It will take you a while to get here from Connecticut, I better go get some more and throw them on when you get close...
    CWM, I have become a fan of char crust myself. I have only used the hickory, what experience do you have with their product line and which would you recommend? thanks
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Well heck, I'm coming over then! B) Looks great and I bet that seasoning added a great touch!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Very nice..hard to beat a good prime ribeye..were they aged? I like mine a bit more on the medium side like that too...very nice... ;)
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Hickory is my favorite, but I haven't used it for years. Those steaks got me thinking about getting some. Real soon! :)

Mike
  • :woohoo:
    Molly, I'll save a seat at the dinner table for you. The seasoning really went well with the steaks.
    Molly, I'll save a seat at the dinner table for you. The seasoning really went well with the steaks.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,734
    Roll Tide,

Steaks look amazing! I haven't used char crust since the gasser. May be time to revisit.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Roll Tide, the raw steaks looked perfect to begin with and your cooked steak even better! :)
  • Very nice indeed!!! What exactly is your searing setup?
  • CruzrCruzr Posts: 91
    They look perfectly done to me. Gonna have to get me a couple of those. B)
  • greenfangreenfan Posts: 94
    I order Char Crust off the internet since no local stores carry it. It is the bomb!
    Steelers,
    I have an old rectangular CI grid from an offset that I use for searing. Sometimes I will take out fire ring to get closer to fire, but not always. Then I finish on homemade raised grid.