Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tel-Tru Thermometer Question

Options
Ala-Egg
Ala-Egg Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am considering replacing my factory BGE thermometer with the Tel-Tru ones. Are they pretty acurate, my BGE one seems to be off, I need to drop in boiling water to double check though. The ones on the Tel-Tru website that they recommend for the BGE, are they the best to go with or do some of you have a different model you recommend. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    I lost my tru tel that I ordered a while back. I used the one they recommended and it works fine.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Ala-Egg, A while back my BGE thermometer stuck so I ordered two. I'm happy with Tel-Tru they work fine. Tim ;)

000_1859.jpg
  • Ala-Egg
    Options
    Did you have to calibrate them when they arrived or were they ready to go?
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I ordered them over the phone and asked if I needed to celebrate them for my elevation and I was told there was no need to do that. So I am happy with them and recently I had both of my eggs stabilized at two different temp's so I swapped them out because I have the clips on the outside and both read correct on the swap. Tim ;)
  • highpress
    highpress Posts: 694
    Options
    I like mine just fine, allthough it's gotten moisture inside it. Wouldn't expact that from a tel-tru, been meaning to call CS regarding it...FYI, i had ordered this previously to replace the stock thermometer. Just had it lying around from another grill i had put it in...I've heard you can put it in the oven under low temp to get rid of moisture, haven't tried. I figured it will get moisture right back in so why bother?

DSCN1788.jpg
  • Ala-Egg
    Options
    Good to know, thanks for the info.