Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Congrats to Smoked Signals - Madison, IN Ribberfest

Options
Steve-B
Steve-B Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoked Signals finished first in Anything Butt at his first competiton. [p]It was listed as surf and turf. Great job. If you wouldn't mind I would like to hear how everything went for a first timmer. [p]Steve-B
[ul][li]Ribberfest Results[/ul]

Comments

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Steve-B,
    Finished 23rd out of 47 in my first competition. (top 25 was my goal). I finished in the low 20's in all the major meat catagories. The Anything But was a huge sucess! I was stunned.[p]I T-Rex'd 2 filet mingons and sautee'd some large shrimp that were brought up fresh from Pensacola the day before. I quarterd the filets and stuck the shrimp in the cuts tail first. Then I put 3 shrimp on top of the filets. My wife made some tomato rosettes to finish the garnish. It was a thing of beauty. [p]I do not have a pictures because our camera's batteries died and I lost my presentation pictures. Note to self ... keep more batteries around.[p]Overall it was very tiring. My egg & I are still trying to recover. I think I slept about 20 minutes between Friday morning and Saturday night. My local distributor is very proud and may sponsor me this weekend in Ky - if I want to go. Right now I have had enough for a couple of weeks. [p]GShell finished well in the amatuer event with (2) 2nd's and a 1'st but I'll let him shout that out.[p]