Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bargain dinner

Options
rsmdale
rsmdale Posts: 2,472
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went by Smart and Final to browse yesterday and they had the bulk packs of tri-tips for 1.59 a lb.I had a 50% coupon and purchased 22lbs untrimmed for 12 bucks.Put these with our garden fresh Basil,Tomatoes and mozz and it was a nice simple meal.Served w/ a 05 Ranchita Canyon Cab topped it off.
014-10.jpg
015-9.jpg
017-3.jpg

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I love a bargin! Beautiful, simple and full of flavor. Thanks Dale!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Dale,

I've been on a pretty heavy Beef push lately and your looks awesome. I see tri-tip frozen in my meat market and they want like 10-12 bucks a pound for the stuff. :pinch:
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Great bargain. I love doing tri-tips. Where did you find the coupon and where are you located? I'm in San Jose, Ca.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Even without the coupon, that is a great deal on tri-tip (though the coupon was great score!). Wonder how long they are on sale for, I'll be near S & F on Tuesday. Nice looking cook.
  • rsmdale
    Options
    I actually received the coupon from a manager,I made a large purchase and he has some leeway on coupons.

DALE
  • rsmdale
    Options
    Teresa the advertised price is 2.88,this was a manager special.Even at 2.88 it was a great bargain,I went to another one and they only had the 2.88 price.

DALE
  • rsmdale
    Options
    Adam I normally pay around 5.99 at costco(trimmed) and they are hard to beat.I have a wedding to cater in July and am hoping to find a deal again.

DALE
  • rsmdale
    Options
    Thanks Molly we are trying to watch the carbs a little bit and the tomatoes are taking off in my garden.

DALE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I admit I have only bought and grilled one Tri-Tip and haven't seen many in the food stores but, I'm thinking that is a very large Tri-Tip. It looks very good and juicy. Tim :P
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Dale,

Are you a full fledged Caterer? Or a side gig
  • rsmdale
    Options
    Adam I am helping out my wifes niece.I have done four receptions up to 100 people and it is all work.

DALE