Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Butts No Fit

'Q Bruddah'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Father's Day Meal is already on the egg. Each cook is a learning experience. I bought 4 Pork Butts at $1.52 a pound and was tickled with the price. I got them home and realized after I opened the packages they were boneless. I felt like a bonehead. I quick tied them up with butcher string sauced them up with mustard and Dizzy Pig. I had four fine looking gooey butts staring at me so to speak.

In preparation for the biggest cook of my life I bought a Weber cooking grate and bolted it to the ceramic egg grate. I loaded that puppy up with four butts and laid it in the egg. Only problem was that the egg would not close down on top two butts. I must have missed something in the seminar on bolted racks and four butts. I have seen pictures but I need to modify something. I don't NEED four butts for the amount of people I have coming so I quickly snatched the top two and wrapped them in saran wrap and pitched them in the fridge. Guess I am doing two back to back cooks.

Comments