Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Summer Heat A/C

Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in Off Topic
What do you all have your thermostat set on? Mine is on 78, but thinking of going down a degree.
I realize many have multiple units, programmable thermostats etc. Just curious as to the basic setting when at home.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    mine is set to off :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    A/C set at 74° 24/7 but in winter heat is set at 76° during day and auto cut back to 66° at night. Long time ago I decided I wasn't taking my $$$ with me so I'm going to be comfortable while here!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    i couldnt live in a hot place, ac gets me all stuffed up, not comfy at all for me. my door is open year round even if its zero out, big reason i run the heat with coal verse the propane, i have to leave that door open
    fukahwee maine

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I keep mine at 73 when I'm home and 75 when I'm at work.The programable thermostat does all the work for me :) My house is very well insulated and has alot of shade trees,so my power bill is still less than $150 a month(including 2 fridges,window A/C in the barn,and everything else in the house,I'm all electric) :woohoo:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    78°??! hahaha! It's only 73° OUTSIDE!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    When it gets real hot and humid we do 78-79 on the first floor and 77-78 for the bedrooms on the second floor at night. When temps are lower and humid we drop our iside to 76 at times to kick the damp.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    75 here in FL. Once the "fall" or "winter" roll around, we turn it off completely. Only on during the spring/summer.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hahahahaha, during the day mine is often set at 88º or higher, my thermostat only goes up to 90º, about sunset I turn it down to 85º at the lowest. At 8:10PM tonight it's 86º at my desk and comfortable. I don't mind the heat as much as the humidity.

By the end of summer 80º will be chilly if not cold. :lol:

Gator

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Gator,

I'd buy a frig to sit in. :whistle:

When we get the hot stuff here, the stat is set to 70-72 :ohmy:
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

We won't see daytime highs below 90º until after Labor Day or later. We had a Thanksgiving years ago that was in the 90º's. By that time of year you really get sick of it. The humidity is what really makes you uncomfortable.
    Colorado Springs the temperature is 93º and the humidity is 6%!!!! I would love weather like that! :laugh:

Gator

• I live in Arizona so no choice but to blast it at 75 degrees....we pay for it in summer but have 9 months of pure sunny bliss...
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Yeah well in six months when it's 33 up there it will be 73 down here! :laugh:
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    MON-FRI 76*F from 8AM to 4PM then 74*F from 4-10PM then 72*F from 10PM to 8AM.

SAT & SUN much the same but only 74*F for the day.
  • 73 down stairs 70 upstairs. My son works 11-7 and it gets too hot for him to sleep
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Your bragging is getting old where this issue is concerned...lmao!!!!

Im swear...about January 15 (when an above zero day is a distant memory for you)..
    I'm gonna post a pic of me..Eggin outside in a G- String, with a cold Dublin Dr. Pepper in my hand!!

We see how funny you are then... :woohoo: !!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • fishlessman
    :laugh: :laugh: it never gets to cold for me, infact my worst sunburn was while wearing shorts while icefishing and drinking a guinness :laugh: :laugh: try and find aloe burn relief in the winter in new england :ermm: anyways, see the royal pint of guinness on the front of the wheeler, i keep the cans sitting on the exhaust so they dont freeze up B)

DSC_0135.jpg

heres a different lake :)

DSC_0349.jpg

and relaxing after a hard day of drinking B)

DSC_0666.jpg

honestly you guys can keep the heat, hit over 90 a week back, had to move the chair down into the lake :laugh:
    fukahwee maine