Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I'm a fan of Pork Tenderloin

Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,228
edited 8:07PM in EggHead Forum
I was not a fan of pork before but on the egg it's incredible!!!. The sauce I used my wife bought and I almost threw it away but thought I would give it a shot. It was an apple butter BBQ sauce. I will use it all the time on pork. Great combo :)
Picture115.jpg

Comments

• rogersabrogersab Posts: 17
    Nice -

How'd you cook it?

I did my first tenderloin this weekend, indirect @ 350* with a little pecan smoke until it had an internal temp of 135* It was a premarinated from Costco.

I think I used a bit too much smoke and I won't go premarinated again but the pork was awesome!

Andy
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,228
    I put some rub on. Cooked raised direct at 375. Sauced the last 10 minutes and pulled at 140. Let rest for 10 minutes and it was great.
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Tenderloins are one of my favorites also. I do several different things with them besides similar to your cook.
    1. Grill for breakfast w/ biscuits on my 1/2 moon stone[they take about the same time and temp] :)
    2. Make pulled pork using ClayQ's "Pulled Pork Tenderloin" recipe. Nice for just making a small amount and nearly fat free :P
    3. Canadian Bacon, see "Our Nicky's Canadian Bacon", I have used regular loin and tenderloin for this, either way, it is delicious and much healthier than store-bought bacon. :ohmy:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • I tested out my new egg by making Adam Perry Lang's recipe for pork tenderloin - brined them for a few hours, then cooked them direct. Next to them on the grill I put a CI pan with butter, a slice of bacon, a little canola oil and some herbs. Kept moving the tenderloins back and forth from the pan to the grill, they turned out great!
  • CobraCobra Posts: 110
    I buy my tenderloins at Sams Club, they sell them bundled with 2 packs, with 2 per pack for usually around $13.00. I always use Willingham's seasoning, on my pork, very good...
    http://www.willinghams.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=shop.product&productId=2&catId=2
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,228
    Thats where I buy mine. I was surprised when I bought the 2 pack and then I found out there were 2 in each pack. Cheap meal :)