Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm a fan of Pork Tenderloin

Options
Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was not a fan of pork before but on the egg it's incredible!!!. The sauce I used my wife bought and I almost threw it away but thought I would give it a shot. It was an apple butter BBQ sauce. I will use it all the time on pork. Great combo :)
Picture115.jpg

Comments

• rogersab
    rogersab Posts: 17
    Options
    Nice -

How'd you cook it?

I did my first tenderloin this weekend, indirect @ 350* with a little pecan smoke until it had an internal temp of 135* It was a premarinated from Costco.

I think I used a bit too much smoke and I won't go premarinated again but the pork was awesome!

Andy
  • Mark0525
    Options
    I put some rub on. Cooked raised direct at 375. Sauced the last 10 minutes and pulled at 140. Let rest for 10 minutes and it was great.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Tenderloins are one of my favorites also. I do several different things with them besides similar to your cook.
    1. Grill for breakfast w/ biscuits on my 1/2 moon stone[they take about the same time and temp] :)
    2. Make pulled pork using ClayQ's "Pulled Pork Tenderloin" recipe. Nice for just making a small amount and nearly fat free :P
    3. Canadian Bacon, see "Our Nicky's Canadian Bacon", I have used regular loin and tenderloin for this, either way, it is delicious and much healthier than store-bought bacon. :ohmy:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • ground control
    Options
    I tested out my new egg by making Adam Perry Lang's recipe for pork tenderloin - brined them for a few hours, then cooked them direct. Next to them on the grill I put a CI pan with butter, a slice of bacon, a little canola oil and some herbs. Kept moving the tenderloins back and forth from the pan to the grill, they turned out great!
  • Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 110
    Options
    I buy my tenderloins at Sams Club, they sell them bundled with 2 packs, with 2 per pack for usually around $13.00. I always use Willingham's seasoning, on my pork, very good...
    http://www.willinghams.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=shop.product&productId=2&catId=2
  • Mark0525
    Options
    Thats where I buy mine. I was surprised when I bought the 2 pack and then I found out there were 2 in each pack. Cheap meal :)