Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New table for my large

Options

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Very nice! :woohoo: Well Done! :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • smoker62
    smoker62 Posts: 80
    Options
    Thanks Capt. Frank. I am already wishing I built it for another egg. :laugh:
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I built mine for two eggs. Its in this forum down a bit if you would like to see. Very nice job on yours. :)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Eggcelent table and finish

Nice outdoor area as well
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Options
    Very nicely done!
  • Amphiman
    Amphiman Posts: 11
    Options
    Very nice table - what kind of wood and finish did you use for this one? :)
    Morse Lake - Indianapolis, IN    Large BGE + Cyber-Q
  • Papa Egghead
    Options
    I just received a new large Green Egg for Father's Day.
    I am so excited I am about to jump out of my skin.
    My first project is to build a table. My goal is to build a fairly simple / fine quality table that i can enjoy for many years. I am hoping someone will share building plans and I will gladly reciptrocate whem my project is finished. I will likely build with wood, however, I am open to the idea building a fine quality table with steel or aluminum frame. Open to all ideas.
    Papa Egghead
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Papa Egghead
    The Naked Whiz site has dimensions and plans for the basic table that you see often. Many are modified to suit personal needs and taste. There is also a gallery on that site with pics of literally hundreds of tables.
    If you decide to build out of wood your choice of material is somewhat dependant on where you are located.
    Cypress is probably the #1 choice, but it is not readily available except in the deep south. Western cedar, redwood, white [eastern] cedar are also popular. Treated pine [decking material] is not a good choice.

Check with local lumber yards [not big box stores] to find out what is available for outdoor furnitue in your area.

I highly reccomend a marine spar varnish finish, especially if you want a fine quality look. It takes more time in the beginning, but it is worth the effort.
    Let me know if you have any questions, I will be glad to help. E-mail if you wish :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Papa Egghead
    Options
    Thanks Capt Frank.
    I will check out Naked Wiz tonight when I get home.
    For some reason my work computer has the Naked Wiz site blocked. Part of my brain tells me to take time and build a fine table to admire for years to come.
    The Egghead part of my brain tells me to hurry up and start cooking. We can always build the table next winter. Papa Egghead
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
  • Left-Coast Dave
    Options
    I'm in your spot, and had a blast this morning with the tons of photos folks sent in to Naked Whiz's site. His plans have inspired many.

I can't help but laugh, though, when you write "For some reason my work computer has the Naked Wiz site blocked." C'mon, wouldn't you think that the folks running your corporate computer system would block employee access to sites that have "naked", much less "naked" and "whiz", in them?

Anyway, I look forward to what you come up with. All the best.
  • Dex
    Dex Posts: 85
    Options
    What type of wood and stain did you use?
  • Tom Rawson
    Options
    Im building a cable and need to know the dimensions of the XL Egg. I havent purchsed it yet so I cant measure it. Can ayone git me the diameter of the outside of the egg at the bottom and the opening and the distance from the botom and the opening?

Thanks
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    great looking table.

Patti
  • grillz22
    Options
    So how has the table worked for you? I'm a newbie and want to build my own table...is that 1" marble you have the egg sitting on, and as an inlay on the table top?