Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Temp Differences

brisket30brisket30 Posts: 122
edited 10:37AM in EggHead Forum
My brother bought a large egg about 5 years ago, before the screen door was added to the bottom vent. I purchased my large egg about 3 years with the screen added to the bottom vent. My brother can get his egg so hot the temp gage goes past 750 and almost back to zero. He actually caught the table on fire by accident, I have never been able to get mine above 700. Did the design change so it will not get that hot or do I have something out of place.

Comments

• FLbobecuFLbobecu Posts: 309
    If you REALLY want to cook any hotter than that, A medium size table/desktop fan works, pointed at the bottom vent, or if it must be neat, try the Eggccelerator the whole time.

In my small, mind you, I can get to 650 in ~15 minutes using a medium size table fan.

I cannot comment really on anything else..
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    ....and if you slide the screen out of the way, what happens?

If you still can't get the high temps, make sure the firebox opening is aligned with the vent door.
  • brisket30brisket30 Posts: 122
    Thanks,

I have tried and I guess that is the way it goes