Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed burger ideas!

Lambchops
Lambchops Posts: 166
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've seen a lot of posts about stuffed burgers on the forum and would like to try it.Looking for suggestions.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Lambchops,

I had a stage where I was doing them quite often. I'm cooking now but if you click on my name and go to posts, revise the search to go back a couple of years and search it you should find quite a few. I'll go back and try later if you can't find anything

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The one time I did them I used sautéed mushrooms, shredded cheddar and cut up and rendered bacon. Simple but awesome
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    You may also want to read over this post started by PWise. Tim :)

There are a lot of good things said in this post about hamburgers.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=896753&catid=1
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I don't know, I've only tried stuffing with cheese. Too messy, too much trouble and too lava-like when you take a bite!!

Seems to me, you're better off just topping the burgers with whatever you like. That's what I intend to do from now on anyway.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Lothar
    Lothar Posts: 30
    Admittedly I have not tried this on my egg but I've been thinking about it for a while.

At the restaurant that I owned, we made a chipotle meatloaf. It had diced red and green peppers, diced red onions some breadcrumbs for a binder. We would stuff the loaf pan about half full with the meatloaf mixture, then put a nice thick layer of sliced pepperjack cheese and then fill the remainder of the pan with meat mixture being sure to press around the sides to seal in the cheese when it melts. We then topped it with a chipotle sauce of ketchup pureed honey, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.

I think the same concept (in micro scale) would work well for chipotle burgers. Mince the peppers and onions instead of dicing and use lesser amount of cheese in the middle of the patties.

One of these days, I'll give it a shot. It will probably take a few times to refine it but if I get it figured out I'll post it.
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Cheese!

You could go for the "Juicy Loosey", which is basically two super thin hamburger patties sealed with cheese inside. Saw 'em on an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Looked absolutely good and horrible at the same time. haha.
  • kook
    kook Posts: 14
    onion, bell pepper, and a little cottage cheese. Keeps it moist.