Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

raised grid

jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
edited 2:08PM in EggHead Forum
I have had my large bge for a couple of weeks. It seems a lot a members have some type of extenders for their cooks. I have the basic porcelain grid and having read many posts I'm thinking of ordering a cast iron grid and using the naked whiz directions using bolts etc, to convert my porcelain grid to the raised grid. Or should I consider the adjustable rig or woo3
·

Comments

• kiltskilts Posts: 30
    I am using a C.I. grid & have converted my porcelain grid with the bolts & washers etc.
    I find this combination very versatile
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,560
    want something a lot cheaper and quicker for a versatile raised grate do you? Just buy a couple fire bricks and an auxiliary grate from anyplace that sells them. Place the bricks on edge on your grate, and then straddle them with your new auxiliary. Simple and cheap!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    You can achieve the same results by just adding bolts to your porcelain grid and resting them on the firering. No need for the CI unless you just like the way they cook.
    ·
  • BUT, if you can afford it, the adjustable grid is the way to go. Its first class and works incredible. You can cook many things at once and adjust it to whatever height you need. I am a satisfied user.
    ·