Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Chicken, Spareribs, Burger & Brats. Oh my!

Options
Mud Pig
Mud Pig Posts: 489
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Its been a couple weekends since I've had a day to just relax and smoke some meat with my egg so I took full advantage of it this past Sunday. I decided that I really wanted to smoke some chicken and see how it would turn out. I threw in a slab of pork spareribs since it was on special at Harris Teeter's.

I rubbed the Spareribs with MichelBob's rib rub along with brown sugar after covering them with mustard. I then took two whole chickens and rubbed them thoroughly with Adabo.

The spareribs were smoked for 4 1/2 hours and the chickens took about 2 1/2 hours at 250 degrees with hickory chunks. I put the chickens in an aluminum pan with soy sauce and beer all cover up to finsish off the ribs. Turned out super moist and delicious.

Here they are all ready to go.
IMG00114-20100606-1428.jpg

Everybody in the pool. Notice my new Flip 3 ring.
IMG00119-20100606-1434.jpg

It started to rain, but you can't let a little weather stop you.
IMG00124-20100606-1510.jpg

Chicken all carved up along with the spareribs, only shot I managed to sneak in before the rabid pack of wolves descended on the food.
IMG00125-20100606-1842.jpg

Had some unexpected guests show up so on to round two.
IMG00127-20100606-1854.jpg

Filthy animals!!
IMG00126-20100606-1843.jpg

Great day, good cook, chicken turned out so good. Smoking a whole chicken trumps a spatchcock as far as I'm concerned. So easy and is beyond moist.

The Pig Furnace does not dissapoint.

Comments

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    ...was the icing on the cake to say the least. You can't beat going to a Stanley Cup game. Go Flyers!!

First time at the Finals, amazing.
    IMG00104-20100604-1922.jpg

A sea of orange.
    IMG00108-20100604-1946.jpg
  • popagar0
    popagar0 Posts: 136
    Options
    fine lookin cook you got there, looks like all enjoyed your grub
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Options
    Sigh...after the pics of the great looking food in your first post, I thought we could be friends...then I saw your second post. Go Hawks!

Kidding, of course. I'm sure you had fun...probably almost as much fun as the Hawks fans who got to watch them put up 7 goals on the Flyers Sunday night. ;)

I envy you being able to go to a finals game in person. I'm sure it's a heck of an experience.