Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Griddle Q 120

Options
dubah
dubah Posts: 60
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I'm interested in getting a griddle for use on my L Egg and I'm wondering if anyone has used the Griddle Q 120 (half size, I think) and, if so, their impressions of it.
There was one on ebay, cheap, but ended b/f I was able to size the Egg for the griddle.
I think the dimensions were 12x16x4. Seems it would fit nicely on the large Egg?
Have fun, Larry

Comments

• rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    I was looking at the the small, which would fit inside the large, but the actual cooking area was a little too small for my use. I picked up a large when wm sonoma had a clearance sale for the gasser. These are great for teppan grilling, fried rice, etc.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    A few on here have them and love them. I am holding out for the :sick: "kettle" Q due out any time.
    http://www.littlegriddle.com/products.html was hoping to have it for NH but have not heard anything on it.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I've got two, one for my gasser (which I recently gave away) and one for my Large Egg. We use them all the time, most recently at the Oklahoma and Texas Eggfests where we cooked our popular Cornbread Omelettes. Here's some photos:

SausagePepperCornbreadOmelet800X600.jpg

SausagePepperCornbreadOmelet800X-1.jpg

SausagePepperCornbreadOmelet800X-2.jpg

SausagePepperCornbreadOmelet54-1-1.jpg

And here's some I made into movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKvsFSKMvPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwgBFY042J0

I made a few more but I think you get the picture.

I've done all kinds of breakfasts, fish, shrimp, burgers and even steak on mine.

It's a pretty handy accessory.

Hope this helps.

You can also go to Griddle Q's website and they have a number of examples of cooks you can do.

Let me know if you need other info.

Spring "Griddling In The Middle" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    Options
    Spring Chicken, thanks for the pics and the links, they help, a lot. Food looks great on the griddles.
    Which model is that which you're using on the L BGE?
    You're help is much appreciated, Larry
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I have the GQ 120 (which fits the large Egg) and the GQ 210 (which when combined with the 120 fit my gasser). That way I had lots of square inches to cook on if I needed it but also had the flexibility of using the 120 on my large Egg.

I gave away my gasser so I can't use my 210 until I break down and get another one. But I will do just that eventually because the Griddle Q gives the gasser something to do.

They have a Sizzle Q which is cheaper in both price and construction. The warranty is only good for a short time while the Griddle Q has a lifetime warranty.

The best place to read up on the Griddle Q is their web site:

http://www.littlegriddle.com/index.html

Be sure to watch some of the videos. I think I have a couple in there. But there are some excellent recipes available.

Oh yea, the Griddle Q cleans up quickly. Just pour some water on the hot griddle and scrape the debris into the trough in the front. Then wipe out the trough.

When mine gets pretty funky-looking, like after an Eggfest, I just spray some oven cleaner on it and let it set for a few hours. Then hose it off. There may be some areas that need a bit of scrubbing but it cleans up like new.

Don't worry, you will thoroughly enjoy your Griddle Q. For one thing it gives you another level of cooking on your Egg and it makes good dishes that are not possible without a griddle.

Spring "Pick'n & Griddle'n" Chicken
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    I'm a fan of them as well getting hooked by Spring Chicken.
    Here's a slideshow - just click on it.
    th_IMG_0115.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.