Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg/Grill Combo in Enclosed Table

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning an outdoor kitchen that incorporates both a traditional gas grill and a medium Egg (haven't got it yet, but I can't wait!). A friend of mine did something similar and enclosed the lower portion of the Egg into a stainless steel cabinet in the structure. Has anyone tried this? Bad idea? Actually, I saw that Sams Club was selling a mini egg and grill combo with the Egg in a stainless steel cabinet also. I'd appreciate any thoughts you have.[p]Thanks

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    table1.jpg
    <p />TKaliban,
    Heres a shot of mine, you can see all the detailed pics on my website...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    Options
    TKaliban,[p]Doing the combo is a great idea. Later on, you will have a tool box right there handy for the eggin' you will undoubtably be doin'.[p]Cajun
  • BigAL
    BigAL Posts: 29
    Options
    TKaliban,
    I have the stainless grill and egg combo from Sam's club. I love it. I can have a 2 gallon pot cooking on one end, my egg on the other and still cook wahtever else on the huge grill in the center. I think you will find that the egg gets most of the cooking. The rest is great for bigg parties around the pool. Hopefully I will be Egging this weekend if it is still standing after the hurricane.

• WessB,[p]Looks like you didn't have to do anything special to allow access to the lower part of the unit or to allow much airflow to the lower half. Any special thoughts about that? Thanks for the pictures.