Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grate Mates????

Options
florida Nick
florida Nick Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know if you can still buy grate mates? The link on the Naked Whiz site (gratemates.com) seems to be to an open domain name on go daddy.
If anyone knows where you can buy grate mates I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Nick

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    You can email Chubby through the forum. I love them on the small.
  • florida Nick
    florida Nick Posts: 101
    Options
    thanks Pat. The small is what I want them for :)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Mine stay in the egg, just slide one to the side if I want to cook closer to the lump. Not sure what happened to his website but I'm sure he'll get right back to you by Email.
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    Yep, just email Chubby via the forum and then wait. Maybe a little bit, maybe a long time, but it'll be worth it. I use mine a lot.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Never take the taller ones off the small.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Oh, Man! I just talked with Chubby this afternoon, and he said that he finally had a feeling that an order would soon be coming his way. I told him that it was probably just gas, and not to get his hopes up. And, now lookihere. This is (apparently) a legit inquiry about GrateMates....go figure....usually it's from undercover vice cops, but I digress.

Go Chubby!

We're with you....until it gets dirty.

LR
  • WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Options
    I use the long ones in my medium, it puts the grate just below gasket level. That way I can use my Lodge griddle(round) and leave the top open a little and let the handle stick out.
    Unfortunately BGE no longer offers the baking dish that was used for the heat barrier, but I did purchase a pair of 8" pizza stones from Amazon that work well.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Take off your mask....hand me the bottle..and take 3 steps backwards..you can leave the pink floyd shirt on...LOL....where's the love.. :laugh:
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Wess it's Chubby we're talkin about. You know he is like a puppy....kick him or scratch him......he just likes the attention :woohoo:
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I bought it but to be honest I think I used it once. I just make a disk of foil to put on the wok ring....when I'm feeling really fancy I use a foil pie pan.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    dhuffjr wrote:
    I bought it but to be honest I think I used it once. I just make a disk of foil to put on the wok ring....when I'm feeling really fancy I use a foil pie pan.

I cooked some chicken breasts this week, indirect with the taller grate mates and the foiled aluminum pan. I started seeing smoke, so I checked it out. The chicken drippings had burned a hole through the pie tin and the foil :huh:. I had never seen that before. Apparently my small egg is now an aluminum smelter.
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I use the tall ones on nearly every cook. Use them for direct cooking/raised grid, and they will also work with the platestter in place for indirect cooking.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.