Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

new table

jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
edited 4:28AM in EGG Table Forum
CIMG2282.jpg

Are there any suggestions for covers? Other than a tarp.
·

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Nice job on the table :woohoo:
    BGE markets a cover, be sure to check the deminsions.
    Any canvas shop should be able to make you a custom one :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
    ·
  • Real nice table.

I built two out of redwood a couple years ago and put three coats of marine varnish on it. I thought that would provide adequate protection but it is exposed to the elements constantly and now needs to be refinished. Your idea of a cover is a good one will protect from UV issues.

You may want to try rotating the green feet so there is a single one directly at the back. I started out like yours is set up but changed at someone's suggestion. It doesn't seem to rock back when opening the dome with a single one at the back.

I don't see the bottle opener accessory B) (I don't have one either)
    Matching green hubcaps will pimp it out even more ;)

Eggcelent workmanship Jack

IMG_1891800x600.jpg

101_1836.jpg
    ·
  • jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
    Thanks Frank your advice on the positioning of the feet. It makes sense and i'll make that adjustment. I'm learning so much from you guys here.
    ·
  • Judy's EggJudy's Egg Posts: 104
    A Big Green Egg long table cover should fit. The table looks great. Enjoy.
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    Jack, about fell over when I saw your post, I grew up in Wallingford PA, Nether Providence Bulldog turned Strath Haven Panther, Marc
    ·
  • Sauced UpSauced Up Posts: 23
    I have a table very similiar to yours and have a cover used for ATV's. Elastic around the bottom and has held up well for over a year. (Approximate cost $40.00)
    ·
  • jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
    Hey Marc small world isn't it. Guess what I also have Miss Sylvia and Rocky.How is that for similarities! Jack
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    Well that means you have good taste in home towns & coffee. My wife & I are both from Wallingford, we rolled out years ago for more elbow room in West Chester (Westtown), but there's no place like home. I drive through all the time, I work in Media & Wilmington.
    ·