Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pic test

Options

Comments

• berrygood
    berrygood Posts: 372
    Options
    Congrats, it worked. Also, you can hit Preview prior to Submit, and it will show you whether or not the pics will work.

Now, post some food pics - I'm hungry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Frankie, you might want to put those egg feet under there, get some air between the egg & that stone
  • frankie482
    frankie482 Posts: 263
    Options
    Thanks!

I just got the Egg a few weeks ago, and when I set it in the table, I had help lifting it and forgot to put the feet under there.

I need some help to pick the Egg up and set the feet under.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    You have a pretty tight fit around the top, but you still may be able to tilt the egg enough to stick the feet in one at a time B)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • frankie482
    frankie482 Posts: 263
    Options
    Capt. Frank wrote:
    You have a pretty tight fit around the top, but you still may be able to tilt the egg enough to stick the feet in one at a time B)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL

Tried that to no avail.
  • walrusegger
    walrusegger Posts: 314
    Options
    I have the same set up, but have my feet under the egg. I have a 16x16 inch paver that is about two inches thick. Is this really needed? Could the grill make the paver so hot that it could damage the wood undernearth or heaven for bid start a fire? I often read folks recommending using the feet. I simply put my on for decoration, but I guess it's a good thing I did. I use regular bricks to raise the grill up on the platesetter for high indirect cooking. I've read a lot of folks use their egg feet.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Yes you should always have a paver between the egg and any surface.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Frankie, if there is enough play, rock the egg just enough to slip one foot under, then rock it around slipping each of the others under one at a time, I've done it a couple times, it is workable... I've seen some pictures of stones/tiles shattered under the egg after being subjected to high heat, plus the heat will transfer through to your wood & burn it, so best to address it sooner than later; happy egging