Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

UPDATE - Re: Crack in Egg

Options
Hillbilly-Hightech
Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I called my local dealer, and here's the lowdown:

He said to take some pics of the crack, email them to him, and he would forward those to the corporate office. Once he hears back from them, and once they send a replacement (or gives him the OK to use 1 of the ones he has in stock), he will let me know & I can come down & pick up the replacement base. He said they may also request the old base back, but he’ll let me know once he hears back from them.

Anyone ever had to "turn in" the old, cracked piece? From what I've read in the forums, most people either continue using the cracked piece & keep the new piece in storage for when they "really" need it, or use the cracked piece as say... a flower pot ;)

But I'm not sure anyone has had to return the cracked piece? Anyone, anyone... Bueller, Bueller?
Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

I was asked to destroy a base. BGE doesn't want to deal with the same warranty replacement twice. I would have to agree with the policy.

GG
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i had to give mine to the dealer
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    The advice to keep using the cracked piece until it completely fails is usually in reference to a fire ring or firebox. I wouldn't want to be using an Egg and have the base "fail". Either return it, destroy it, or use it for a flower pot.

Oh, and yes, I have been asked to return a broken part.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    When my replacement base arrived I was asked to destroy it. Not having the heart to break a egg on purpose I just mad a planter out of it.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    wow - see, learn something new every day!! :woohoo:

I never knew you were required to either destroy or return the cracked piece, so now I know!!

I really appreciate all the tips I've learned from you guys both before I joined (I lurked & read for quite awhile when I got my Egg to learn all the things to do & the mistakes to NOT make as a new Egger), as well as appreciate the hospitality & information now that I have joined!

Thanks a bunch!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee