Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A Saturday Night Mother's Day Cook

JimWJimW Posts: 450
edited 2:03AM in EggHead Forum
Kathy and I did our Mother's Day dinner for 7 Saturday night since our oldest and his wife had to get back to Charlotte on Sunday. It was superb.[p]We started out with Bamboo Shrimp for an appetizer. Sooooooo good. The recipe was posted by someone here a couple of months ago (Whoever posted it should add it to the recipe collection and get proper credit). The only thing I did different was to sprinkle some Old Bay Seasoning on them before they went on.[p]We did a 16# smoked ham, not fully cooked and not spiral cut but bone-in and natural juices (no water added). 4 hours and 45 minutes at just under 350F dome to an internal of 140F with a pineapple/brown sugar glaze and sliced pineapple rings and cherries the last 30 minutes (I believe I got the recipe from Elder Ward). Perfectly done and juicy understate the results greatly. We did have to pull the ham off for about 5 minutes in the middle to get the shrimp on. We also did sweet potato halves wrapped in foil with tons of butter and brown sugar inside. Cooked them for about 2 hours. The only thing we didn't do on the egg was a mess of collard greens cooked for about 6 hours with salt pork, onions and a couple of minced jalapenos. For dessert, we did Bambi's Bananas. Talk about good.[p]The whole thing was a tremendous success thanks in no small part to the generous offerings of the good folks who make this forum what it is. Thanks everyone.[p]JimW
·

Comments

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    JimW,[p]Wow, sounds delicious! I wish I was a mom so someone would cook me a meal like that![p]Cornfed
    ·