Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Saturday Night Mother's Day Cook

Options
JimW
JimW Posts: 450
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Kathy and I did our Mother's Day dinner for 7 Saturday night since our oldest and his wife had to get back to Charlotte on Sunday. It was superb.[p]We started out with Bamboo Shrimp for an appetizer. Sooooooo good. The recipe was posted by someone here a couple of months ago (Whoever posted it should add it to the recipe collection and get proper credit). The only thing I did different was to sprinkle some Old Bay Seasoning on them before they went on.[p]We did a 16# smoked ham, not fully cooked and not spiral cut but bone-in and natural juices (no water added). 4 hours and 45 minutes at just under 350F dome to an internal of 140F with a pineapple/brown sugar glaze and sliced pineapple rings and cherries the last 30 minutes (I believe I got the recipe from Elder Ward). Perfectly done and juicy understate the results greatly. We did have to pull the ham off for about 5 minutes in the middle to get the shrimp on. We also did sweet potato halves wrapped in foil with tons of butter and brown sugar inside. Cooked them for about 2 hours. The only thing we didn't do on the egg was a mess of collard greens cooked for about 6 hours with salt pork, onions and a couple of minced jalapenos. For dessert, we did Bambi's Bananas. Talk about good.[p]The whole thing was a tremendous success thanks in no small part to the generous offerings of the good folks who make this forum what it is. Thanks everyone.[p]JimW

Comments