Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to convince wife on a 2nd EGG ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    RARE UP!Buy it and tell her that's the end of it!If you really wear the pants,Put you're foot down.Heck,wives ain't hard to find. ;)
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Heck, Mickey! You MAY win another! ;)
  • redneck6497
    redneck6497 Posts: 180
    Options
    The real question is how do you convince your wife on the first egg!!
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Thanks for a good laugh!
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Great post - so replies that made me laugh!

Seriously, from a female standpoint - how many times a week do you cook dinner? It needs to be more than half of the week. Why do you want another?

Also, maybe get her something. What did you give her for Mother's Day? If you were wanting another egg, and you didn't get her diamonds, then I think you're SOL until the next major holiday when you can hopefully get some points banked.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Interesting post and replies some funny some not so much.

If it's factual, all I can say is I am sorry for folks in this situation.

GG
  • Cruzr
    Cruzr Posts: 91
    Options
    If(when) this happens upon the next egg appearance on our patio, I might just suggest that my new ceramic grill was a heck of a lot cheaper than the new ceramic cook top she had to have, to say nothing of the rest of the kitchen and counter tops. Now, I understand kitchen stuff ain't diamonds, but now that I think on it.... Ought to be good for a couple more Eggs ;);)

Cruzr
    Grand Blanc, MI
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    DIAMONDS! Diamonds! Diamonds! That's your answer. Surprise her with a new sparkly ring, and have your new egg waiting in the wings to roll out next to your XL. It works, I have seen it time and time again.
    Good luck.
    Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,772
    Options
    once you stop putting your own foot down you've lost the battle :laugh: :laugh: might be why im single :laugh: :laugh: oh and ive got three eggs, two lake houses, several boats and fish all year :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sorry.... whats the question?
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BananaChipz
    BananaChipz Posts: 207
    Options
    Just buy it.. she'll be mad for a week... :)
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    DM did you ever notice how men and women keep score differently?
    Men-- mowed the lawn--3 points
    Took out the garbage 2 points
    Without being asked add a point
    Went to work everyday 25 points

Women--Got me a card for my birthday-- 1 point
    He took me out to dinner-- 1 point
    Took me to Hawaii-- 1 point
    Saved our child from a burning building-- 1 point

Points needed for sex--500
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Oh, boy, now you've done it! LOL

Why don't we get points for:

childbirth

changing diapers

making breakfast, lunch and dinner every day forever

washing all the dishes from above

cleaning the bathrooms

vacuuming and dusting the house

planning all the meals

grocery shopping

buying clothes for the entire family

buying birthday and holiday gifts for the entire family, including husband's side of the family, for which he can't even be bothered to come up with any ideas

doing all the laundry

taking care of sick kids

arranging any and all appointments needed - haircuts, doctors, dentists, etc etc etc - then getting the person there and back, dealing with prescriptions, etc etc etc

packing up the kids to go on vacation (don't even get me started on this one - for years I packed up myself, three kids, whatever animals were coming along, all the supplies needed for the entire trip, and we still sat in the car and waited hours while hubs meandered around getting his royal self ready)

And all the other things necessary to keeping life going

We get no points for any of it. Nor do we even expect it. Yet the male does one little thing and expects not only sex, but thanks, poinits, and recognition on the front page of the local paper.

See you next week at PNW Eggfest?
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I bought most of my eggs and and didn't say a thing when she bought 3 sewing machines and a quilting frame.

Life is good when you compromise.. :cheer:
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    Point made. :laugh: :laugh: Like I said, there is a difference. :laugh: Gwen, pray with me for good weather, as you know its been crazy!! Can't wait for my first feast ...er fest!

Steve
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    I was just giving you a bad time. Actually, hubs here does more than half the things on that list probably! :P

Have you checked the weather? I've been watching it on weather.com for a long time and it keeps saying Sat will be sunny. Oh, wait, it just changed to rain. Darn! Bring the popup tents!!!! Maybe we'll get a break. How long can this go on?!?!?!

At any rate, 66 degrees is not bad, even if it drizzles. And with 40% chance of rain, that means it probably will not rain all day, if it rains at all. I'm thinking it'll be great!
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Do what I do. Just come home with it. Let them **** for a few days. Tell her the coal will turn into a diamond with the small.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    As to the weather, remember this is Washington and it can change a hunnert times between now and Saturday. Best forecast is to look up as you're drivin' to Kent knowing it might change by the time you get there. I'll bring my pop up. I agree 66° ain't too shabby.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    :whistle: Gwen and Faith, the only diamonds I want are the ones that are not done yet ;) as in a pallet of lump :P B)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    yeah!! what Gwen said all in caps!!!
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    Fornia wrote:
    Sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.

this is the right answer.