Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ping: Slingblade

'Q Bruddah'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited 3:03PM in EggHead Forum
Hey, Sling, just wanted to let you know that your signature line about biscuits reminded me that it is something I want to do on my egg. I want to try tube biscuits first and see how it goes, maybe for a breakfast-- biscuits and gravy thing. Welcome aboard. I have been a member of the forum for a couple of years but just got my egg a little more than a month ago. I missed your initial post so that's why the late welcome. Good to have another experienced cook.

Comments

• SlingbladeSlingblade Posts: 28
    Thanks Q Brudda.
    Try real biscuits instead, on a pan or in a skillet, works great.
  • 'Q Bruddah'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    I have a CI skillet, dutch oven and camp oven. I suspect you are right, real would be better. I have the experience I just wanted the convenience. The camp oven sits up on legs and I wonder how that might improve the end product by not directly tranferring the heat of a stone. Dutch Oven sites have all the pictures of filling DO's with biscuits. Thanks for the idea.
  • SlingbladeSlingblade Posts: 28
    That would work fine, or elevate skillet with gree feet.