Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Brisket Done Early

Options
Denbbq
Denbbq Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking a 13.5lb whole packet trimmed brisket on a large egg. It has been on for approximately 11 hours and has around a 200 degree internal temp. measured by several thermometers. Cooked at 230-250 dome temp. Have no clue why it is done now. Guests are not arriving for 10 hours. How do I keep it ready to serve until then?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Denbbq,

If you stick a fork in the flat and twist it easily it is done. I would wrap it in foil and rest it for an hour. Then slice and vacuum seal and refrigerate it. Reheat in simmering water when guests arrive.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Unknown
    Options
    When you are done all that, check whether your thermometer is correctly calibrated. I've seen them off 50oF or more.

Good thing to check before any long cooks. Being off 25-50 degree can shave or add quite a few hours on or off a cook.