Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ET-73 help ---

Options
Brokersmoker
Brokersmoker Posts: 646
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lousy nights sleep, after putting on but around midnight and going to bed shrtly after 1:00 I woke up at 3 AM to find the remote for my Maverick reading --- on both Smoker and Meat readings. I tried to re-sync it but nothing. The outside unit still working fine, but the remote unit just died. Any suggestions?????? I still have my $15 Walmart special for the meat temp, but that doesn't help for the remote grid temp :S

Comments

• civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    It may just be the seperation distance between units is too much and it is losing signal. Place the receiver close to the transmitter and see if it "re-connects". I place my receiver in a window within 10 feet of my grill. The alarm will still wake me even though my bedroom is up the stairs.
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    I thought of that, maybe a low battery or something, but still does nothing when 6 inches apart. Has always worked like a champ until last night. even in the bedroom.
  • Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Options
    This may be too late now, but try resetting the unit. On the smoker unit open the back where you turn it on and there is a small button that you can get a pen or pencil and push in for a couple seconds to reset. Good luck!
  • Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Options
    This may be too late now, but try resetting the unit. On the smoker unit open the back where you turn it on and there is a small button that you can get a pen or pencil and push in for a couple seconds to reset. Good luck!
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    Thanks that fixed it, I had turned off both units a couple of times and thought that accomplished the same thing....guess not. Now only issue is I have 2 meat thermometers both been calibrated and 1 reads 168* other 206*. I beleive 168 for the time period.