Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wabbit

FearlessGrillFearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited 6:27PM in EggHead Forum
As I posted the other day, we were asked to teach a class on smoking at a historical reenactment event last weekend. Someone else was teaching a class on butchering and came up to us with a freshly butchered rabbit, and asked me if I wanted to cook it.

I wasn't really too sure what to do with it, but I put it in indirect at 375 along with a chicken I was cooking, with apple wood for smoke. I had some of my Greek-style rub with me, and I used that for flavor, and topped the sliced meat with some chopped fresh herbs we had with us. I cooked it to 160 internal, let it rest for a couple of minutes, and sliced into small pieces so we could share it with everyone at the event.

I thought this came out pretty good for something I had no idea how to cook. The meat had a nice flavor, was obviously really fresh, and it got a hint of smoke without overpowering it. The rub seemed to work pretty well too.

Full writeup on the cook is available on our blog at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2010/05/recipe-simply-smoked-rabbit-guest-post-from-fearless-grill.html

4653370106_b3aa0a5323.jpg

6a00e5502e1c01883401348180b951970c-800wi
Enjoy!

-John