Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Surf/Turf (X2)

Jai-BoJai-Bo Posts: 475
edited 7:35PM in EggHead Forum
We'll I usually take my mom and dad out fer the BDAY dinner's and get em a little something...This year since I've been cooking on my egg ALOT, I decided to cook em dinner! My mother is hard ta please when it comes to food and my dad usually only eats chicken...so I had my work cut out fer me!

I bought 3 lobster tails (moms favorite seafood), 2 lbs of large shrimp, 6 good sized chicken breasts, 2 T bones and 3 sirloins. Corn on the cob, pineapple, and asparagus hit the sides...My mom brought cole slaw and deviled eggs.

I used the burbon chicken marinate I posted a couple days ago, and marinated the chicken and some shrimp in it along w/ the pineapple. I marinated the steak in Mojo, and rest of the shrimp and Lobster in a Jack Daniels herb/garlic marinate. I cut up 3 of the chicken breast and 2 of the sirloins into pieces fer Ka-Bobs. I mixed up the KA-Bobs except fer a couple since my ole lady's granny stayed w/ us and she doesn't eat seafood.

I cooked everything on direct heat at 350 using applewood chips soaked in Smirnoff Ice Green Apple Bite.

Everything turned out great and my mom thoroughly enjoyed her Lobster. I don't care fer Lobster too much and I thought it was purty good too!!! She even said my dad ate a skewer of shrimp.....I'm probably missing out on something but here are some pics and you can fill in the blanks :laugh: :laugh:
Pics don't make it look like alot of food during the cooking but there were a bunch of Ka-Bobs!!!

DSC05787.jpg
DSC05789.jpg
DSC05790.jpg
DSC05791.jpg
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,016
    My birthday is tues. You busy? :woohoo:
  • Jai-BoJai-Bo Posts: 475
    I hear ya... Word is getting out, and folks at work are already making fun that I'm gonna open a resturant..... :blink: If I keep cooking up like I am...looks like I'll have ta get another egg!!! :P
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!