Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches

DMurfDMurf Posts: 479
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made this tonight on my large BGE. The process was quite simple light the EGG, go inside prep the vegetables go back out and place them on the BGE.
RoastedVegSandRM.jpg
It was delicious and very fast to prepare.
David
BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
·

Comments

• Looks really good what veggies did you use? Looks like onion, squash and tomato. Did you warp in aluminum foil or just do indirect?
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 479
    Zuchini, Onion, Red and Yellow peppers, and Portabello Mushrooms. Used direct heat as I wanted the char and caramelization from the direct cooking. I also grilled Cibatta rolls. My wife added a little ranch dressing to her sandwich I had a little mayo and fresh cracked pepper and salt.
    David
    ·
    Double post oops! :P
    David
    ·
  • KBKB Posts: 144
    I plan to try that this summer. Thanks for sharing.
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Well done! One of the few cooks around hear that wont shorten your life span!
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Damn fine lookin sannich. Think I'll do a few tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration. :)
    ·
  • WADougWADoug Posts: 191
    The outcome looks great. I would like to duplicate that, so, can you offer the details...what temp, direct or indirect, what ingredients, what spices, other special things you did to get that great sandwich.
    ·
    I used direct heat at about 400. Only spices was some EVOO fresh ground salt and fresh ground pepper. It's summer celebrate the flavors of the vegetables!
    David
    ·