Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Top

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey All You GURU Experts:
Most of the chat on the Forum talks about the use of the daisy wheel top with the BBQ GURU. No one has mentioned using the old style ceramic top that comes with the large BGE. Can it be used? What are the pros and cons versus the daisy wheel?
Thanks

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    SMOKIN' MIKE,
    Unless I misunderstood you..the ceramic top is for putting the egg out...if you try to use it with the guru or anything else, you will get NO airflow..please explain further....[p]Wess

• WessB,[p]It's fine to use the ceramic top with the Guru, during a low and slow. The fan is strong enough to push the air out... however..... It's possible to backfeed hot air and damage the fan if the temperatures are in the 300 + range and you close the lid, trapping air, and forcing it out the Guru...

• Yazoo
    Yazoo Posts: 145
    SMOKIN' MIKE,[p]I'm using mine to keep TS Alex out of my egg.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    WessB,
    I think he's referring to using the top as the top air control, which is what we had to do before the cast iron daisy wheels came along. You just sort of tilt the lid on the top to control the size of the opening.[p]So yes you could use that with a guru, and just open it enough that the smoke isn't finding it's way out somewhere else.[p]Hope that helps