Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Egg Price Increase ?

Options
WhackMaster719
WhackMaster719 Posts: 307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has the price of the mini gone up lately? I was thinking of trying to talk the wife into getting me one for Father's Day and my dealer said his cost is MSRP and $299.99. Looking on Bubba Tim's green book site (www.bubbatim.com/Green_Book.php) I see he has the MSRP listed at $250. Is my dealer lying to me?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    The link doesn't work for me.

I've seen mini's for over $300, so I doubt your dealer is lying to you. You could always call the mothership in Atlanta and ask them what the retail price is....
    The Naked Whiz
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have been considering a mini, and have called dealers around here in Salt Lake City. They have all qouted me about the same, $280. This is the egg only, not sure what the stand costs.
  • Trip
    Trip Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't know about an egg but I have found the mothership to be 30 percent cheaper on replacement parts and eggsessories if you can stand the wait.
  • Austin Egger
    Austin Egger Posts: 256
    Options
    All of the dealers around me have very different pricing. Just go to www.biggreenegg.com and put in your zip to find all of the dealers around you. Coincidentally, I am pricing out small and minis and the best that I have found on a mini is $215 w stand. The next closest is $225 w/o stand. Most of the other dealers in my area are upper $200's to lower $300's. Good luck!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Back a while, I got a new mini with the stand for $270 + Tax (the stand was $60).

You having a small, I am not sure if I would invest in the mini. If you do get the mini I would invest in tjv's mini woo or build something like it.

If you haven't done so call Bullfrog down south. Is there only the 2 dealers, Surgarhouse and west on 39th?

GG
  • Isolated01
    Isolated01 Posts: 157
    Options
    I got mine with stand for $300 a few months ago.