Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

8lb. pork tenderloin for demo.. any ideas?

shesmokes
shesmokes Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions for feeding a crowd while doing some egg promoting? I have an 8 lb. boneless tenderloin to use up. Appreciate any ideas!

Comments

• that's one huge pig. must be a loin?

why not just do it as a roast? if you are demo-ing, nothing convinces them like something they have had before, only this time it's over a charcoal fire.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I cooked a tenderloin last night with just s&p and some Dizzy Dust. Raised direct at 350°-ish with maple chunks. It was delicious. But at 8 lbs, yours can't be a tenderloin! Bet it would still be great cooked as I did - it'll just take longer. Prob'ly should go indirect too.

Another thing I like to do with pork is insert some thin garlic slices into slits cut with a paring knife. Coat with evoo and s&p.

Whatever you do, it'll be great!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Char Sui

charsui1.jpg

charsui2.jpg

charsui3.jpg

charsui4.jpg

charsui5.jpg

GG
  • JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    We cooked a giant pork loin on our egg. We cut it into two pieces, butterflied it, and stuffed it using a knock off of a recipe we had at the Sunshine State Eggfest in March.

a7363f9f.jpg

Stuffed Pork Loin
    Pork Loin (trimmed of excess fat and butterflied)
    EVOO
    Dizzy Pig Raging River rub
    Oregano
    Black pepper
    Minced garlic
    Vegetable flavored cream cheese spread
    Baby Spinach
    Bell Peppers (red, orange, yellow, and green), sliced
    Red Onion, sliced
    Mushrooms, sliced

Generously rub pork loin with olive oil and Raging River rub, and allow to marinate overnight.

Open butterflied pork loin and season with oregano and black pepper. Add a generous layer of minced garlic and cream cheese. Then, carefully layer spinach, peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and then tie the loin together with butcher’s twine. (Season outside with additional Mrs. Dash and black pepper.)

Bake indirect (legs up) on grate at 350 degrees with Mesquite wood for about an hour, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees. Allow 15-20 minute dwell time before slicing/serving.

***The foil pans in the picture were for moving/slicing and were not used on the BGE. The loin was placed directly on the grate above the platesetter.