Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
does anyone have a simple and quick recipe for cooking a small (4-5 lb.)chicken on the vertical rack? I need something for this afternoon to be 1 to 1 1/2 hours. [p]thanks [p]robert

Comments

• Luvmyegg
    Luvmyegg Posts: 86
    Options
    robert,
    My favorite thing to do is to chop up some rosemary, garlic and zest of lemon and slide it under the skin of the breasts and thighs. Then rub the chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper. If you have room in the cavity, put some sprigs of rosemary, cloves of garlic and a halved lemon in there and roast indirect with a drip pan 400 degrees for about an hour. I like the breast temp around 165 others like it more cooked - up to you.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    robert,
    You could spatchcock it instead of using the vertical roaster and put your favorite rub on it. It will cook more quickly that way, and it will be as juicy as can be.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz