Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grilled peaches

Options
glenn
glenn Posts: 151
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have heard that grilled peaches are realy good
so I want to try some with todays pulled pork
does any one have a good rum sauce recipe to drizzle ove grilled peaches??
Glenn

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Glenn,[p]It's not rum, but pretty good just the same. I picked this up from the America's Test Kitchen web site.[p]Ken[p]Balsamic and Red Wine Reduction
    3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cup dry red wine
    1/4 cup sugar
    Pinch salt
    3 cloves
    1 tablespoon grated zest plus 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract[p]Simmer vinegar, wine, sugar, and salt in small, heavy-bottomed nonreactive saucepan over high heat until syrupy and reduced to 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes. Off heat, stir in cloves, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla; steep 1 minute to blend flavors, and strain.

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Glenn,[p]Mine's also not rum, but a recipe I saw called for creme fraiche and molasses. No one was very excited about the molasses, so I substituted real maple syrup. Very tasty. Also, I couldn't find creme fraiche so I made my own:[p]Creme fraiche is a thick cream used in sauces and soups and as a condiment for fresh fruits. Learn how to make homemade creme fraiche. Plan ahead as this will take some time.[p]Here's How:[p]1. 1 cup whipping cream mixed with 2 tablespoons buttermilk.[p]2. Combine well in glass jar and cover.[p]3. Let stand at room temperature (about 70 degrees F.) for 8 to 24 hours, or until thickened.[p]4. Stir well and refrigerate.[p]5. Use within 10 days

• Glenn,
    BUTTERED RUM GLAZE:

1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp butter
    3 tbsp rum
    3/4 c. sugar
    3 tbsp water

Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil mixture, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    Glenn,[p]This is a bourbon recipe, but randomegger changed it to dark rum. He used this on pineapples.[p]3/4 cup (1/8 liter) light corn syrup
    3/4 cup (162 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
    3/4 cup (1/8 liter) Bourbon
    1 1/4 sticks (10 tbsp/375 grams) unsalted butter
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
    Combine all in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for ~25 minutes.[p]I used something similar to this for grilled peaches and icecream.

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Pakak,[p]You're gonna have to do this for me; I won't be around when Western Slope Elberta peaches come in. Try it, too, with some of those nice little apricots they grow over there.[p]Ken[p]re creme fraiche - Salton used to make a yogurt maker; maybe they still do. Fill the cups, plug it in and let it run. I got mine at a second hand store a few years back, and it's ideal for creme fraiche just as your recipe makes.
  • Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options

If you can find them a flat peach is really good to be grilled. I have seen them in the stores under many names, UFO Peaches, Saturn Peaches, Saucer Peaches, and maybe a couple more. I have only found them twice and I seem to remember it was around this time last year. I haven't seen them yet this year though.[p]Steve-B