Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

17 Hour Brisket

Jai-BoJai-Bo Posts: 566
edited 11:49PM in EggHead Forum
I started out with a 15.5 lb brisket. I rubbed it w/ Bad Byron's Butt Rob and that's it! I loaded the egg and put a bunch of Jack Daniels wood chips and pellets. No pans or anything, just let her flow! Got it up to 180 and threw her on there. Kept it at 180 fer 13 hours then checked her internal...she was 140 so I cranked it up until I got about 230 fer another 4 hours until her insides were 185 then took her off and wrapped her up fer 3 hours off. Cut her apart and ohhhhhh weeeeee she was/is great! My shift at worked were very appreciative and made quick work of about 1/3 of her! So good we didn't need any sauce but used some Sweet Baby Ray's to top her!!!
DSC05769.jpg
DSC05772.jpg
DSC05773.jpg
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Jai-Bo, Good job on your brisket. Tim :)
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Nice job. I'm going to do one of those soon.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Great job on the brisket!! glad to hear that your friends enjoyed the rewards of your hard work.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    very juicy lookin briskie !