Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Recommened cooking times and temps for BEEF ribs?

BBQ Bob TrudnakBBQ Bob Trudnak Posts: 197
edited 10:01PM in EggHead Forum
Beef ribs are the one thing I never cooked in my Egg. Any suggestions folks? I heard it is hard to render fat on these puppies.[p]Thanks,
BBQ Bob Trudnak

Comments

• LuderLuder Posts: 31
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]Check out Tim M's website. He has a link for beef ribs.[p]http://www.tm52.com/bge/
  • WardsterWardster Posts: 976
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    I love me some beef ribs.....
    about 250*, indirect for 6 hours or so. If they are too tough, they are not cooked long enough.
    Check out this link. They have a good recipe for beef ribs...[p]http://thesmokering.com/BeefRibs/default.jsp

Apollo Beach, FL
  • tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    I have done mine with great success, using the 3,1,1 method. I might do more this weekend but doing it a little different. Donforget to remove the membrane off the backside of the bones. Getting good smoke for the first hour is important, I like mix of apple and pecan for mine.

• BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]6 hrs at 225 indirect, 8 hrs if you have the time.[p]If you like bbq sauce on them put it on the last 30 minutes.

• aka mr. Earlaka mr. Earl Posts: 151
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]Did you move your BGE without any trouble?

• LasVegasMacLasVegasMac Posts: 183
    Wardster, that is a great link. Thanks for posting. I know what I'm cooking this weekend. :)[p]LVM