Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Firewires came in...

bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 287
edited 5:13AM in EggHead Forum
Got my "Woot" firewires last week and had to break them in. With all the pork and mangos being done from the Weber recipe I thought I'd try almost the same thing but use shrimp instead of pork. Came our pretty good. The marinade made the shrimp very citrusey (is that a word).

firewire2.jpg

On the Egg with some sausage
firewire3.jpg

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Nice job, I posted some of the pork/mango skewers a few days ago and I did some shrimp also, not sure if I posted those. It was all very good :P
    Try some pinapple slices with DP Pinapple head on it, then drizzle some of the citrus/honey glaze on them :woohoo: Makes a terrific side :)
    I gotta get me some of those firewires ;)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,016
    Looks great to me. Tried my wires last week for the 1st time. Pretty neat. Any yes citrusey is a word, at least one I use. :)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    bayouegger, I need to egg some shrimp now. Tim :)
  • Jai-BoJai-Bo Posts: 526
    I saw these at the BGE dealer I use the other day...They seem good, just wondering about food getting into the cables??? Keep us updated....
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • CrueznCruezn Posts: 317
    Just got my firewires last Friday. Didn't get to use them this weekend though :sick: Plan on giving them a go this weekend though. Thanks to whomever gave us the heads up that Woot had them cheap. Saw some this weekend for 2 for $10.
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    Looks good !!
  • Isolated01Isolated01 Posts: 156
    My first experience with the fire wire was not good. All the food does not flip when you flip the wire. I will go back to zuchinni in half on the grill. Maybe try the fire wire with meat and vegg next time.