Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Egg Owner!

DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
edited 12:16PM in EggHead Forum
Ok, I have not BBQ'd until yesterday! Everything I have done prior to that has been grilling or roasting not BBQ. I had my EGG delivered on Monday and at 10p I was grilling burgers, some think it is strange but hey I was hungry and I had just got home from work. Then on Tuesday I got a Brisket and set up the EGG for indirect and smoked it for 13 hours. Now in the past my meat would have been dry and tough, this moist, delicious, feast of goodness has made me a convert.

I look forward to the support and camaraderie, and yes a few gentle pokes that this forum will provide. I look forward to a long term relationship with my EGG and becoming a better BBQ cook.

BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Welcome...and you need a camera, start takin some pics and postin em.....
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Congrats and welcome. Where are you located?
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Congrats on doing a brisket on your second cook, I still can't cook one. -RP
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Congratulations! The egg is a wonderful cooking device. If you can make a good brisket on your first attempt you are already ahead of a lot of us. The forum is a great source of information, use it wisely.
  • LazydogsaloonLazydogsaloon Posts: 213

Good luck and remember the Egg makes everything better, from eggs to bacon to birthday cakes!

Lazydog B)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    DMurf, Welcome to the forum. When you get around to it maybe you can take some pic's of your cooks. Tim :)
  • Great first post, welcome to the madness. Outstanding that your first successful BBQ was a brisket!!!

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Welcome Aboard :) Your life is about to change, but I think you already know that :lol:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Welcome to the family :) brisket is wonderful on the egg isn't it :) take a second and go onto your profile and add a little brief bio about you :) we re trying to get everyone to add it and it only takes a second. where you are located and about you and family is great. it helps us all get to know each other a little better. does not have to be real personal.
    again, welcome and keep us posted and we LOVE pics!! Julie
  • Jai-BoJai-Bo Posts: 334
    Welcome to the only way you need to cook fer here on out....My ole lady use to do all the cooking until I got my egg...Now she's SPOILED!!!! B)
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    Welcome aboard ! Sounds like you are off to a good start.
  • Big George's BBQBig George's BBQ Posts: 1,152
    Congrats and Enjoy
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    I am in Broken Arrow, OK.
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.