Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grid extender question

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a grid extender for my large BGE, and it looks like it will work fine above the cooking grid. But when i turn it upside down to hang under the grid, it is hinged so it closes downward like an oyster...sort of.[p]Did I buy the wrong thing or are they all like this? I didn't get it at the BGE store, but a local grill retailer that has an extensive egg and eggcessory inventory.[p]Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    I bought what sounds like the same thing from the bge dealer I'm not sure if it is bge brand or something else. I think it is a new bge model and you wont be able to use it like it shows in the new products unless you take some additional steel and wire it up so that it no longer flips. I think they might have hinged it so that it is easier to get to the main grid when using as a raised grid and the old stile was a real pain if you put a drip pan or pizza stone underneath. Just guessing[p]Scott

• Mark Backer
    Options
    eggor,[p]I guess that makes sense. Besides, I have the plate setter for below the grid drip pans. I was just curious about the design that had changed recently.
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    eggor,[p]I guess that makes sense. Besides, I have the plate setter for below the grid drip pans. I was just curious about the design that had changed recently.